HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Goodbye North Carolina......

You've been good to us. In a few hours we will be leaving on a jet plane...

Unfortunately our stuff will not be going with us just yet.


Our movers showed last night - the NIGHT BEFORE OUR MOVE. They were FIVE DAYS LATE. Obviously I desperately needed them to haul away our stuff as we are getting on a plane TODAY.

The foreman/driver was rude. He was unprofessional and didn't even take his earphones out of his ears to talk with me. He was impatient and didn't want to give me time to go over the contract but I would not allow him to TOUCH our stuff until I did.

My intuition was telling me something wasn't right. Even my father said some funny stuff was going on. Things seemed a bit sketchy. I told the foreman not to move my stuff until I addressed questions with the contract. He made it sound like it didn't matter because I COULDN'T cancel their service because he was already there. REALLY?!? Watch this smart a$$. You guys are fired. Called their headquarters and they were sent on their way.


Can you say STRESSED?!?

So here I am within hours of leaving for the airport and my father's basement is loaded with our stuff. *Sigh* At least it is out of his way and in a safe place until I find some professional people to take care of it. Going to be a bit difficult doing it from afar but my father is willing to help me out. Anyone have experience with some great movers? Send the info my way!

Wish us luck on our flight and have a happy 4th of July!

10 comments:

  1. The day is finally here. Have a safe trip back to Hawaii sweetie, can't wait to see pics of the beautiful beaches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your movers sound like a nightmare - hope your flight goes well, and that all of your stuff arrives without any more trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ==================================================
    As a fellow Mom Bloggers Club member, I'm following via the Follow Me Club list. =)

    Maricel --- Momhood Moments

    I'm currently building my blogroll too. Care for a link exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I am so sorry you are having such a hard move. I hope your flight goes well and you have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope mine turn out better - they are 'supposed' to come tomorrow and wed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. Good for you for putting your foot down. At least your belongings are safe. You never know what and where sketchy movers will do to your things.

    I hope you all have arrives safely. We used United Van lines when we moved across the country. They were a bit pricey, but they were incredibly professional and took good care of our things. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Sharon! What a horrible situation! *sigh* I'm glad you fired those movers, though, and I'm more than relieved that at least your dad is there to help you! Gee! I hope your things get moved safely, quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mahalo! I hope you are safe and sound in beautiful Hawaii! Can't wait for your first post from Hawaii! Hopefully you were able to find good movers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is the move going?
    http://wannabeworkathomemommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steph - YEAH!!I couldn't have said it better myself! Can't wait to get to Hawaii! FOUR MORE DAYS!!!

    MaryAnne - thanks so much for the encouragement! We still haven't figured out a way to get our stuff to Hawaii but we will!

    Maricel - thanks for stopping by! I'll be sure to be paying your site a visit!

    Sabrina - thanks for the well wishes! we survived the flight to Washington (sort of)....one more flight to go!

    Kim - good luck on your move! I remember moving while pregnant - not easy!

    Sandy - thanks for the tip! I will definitely be looking them up. I'm willing to pay a little bit more if I know my stuff is being moved by professionals!!!

    Jennifer - *sigh* still trying to figure out what to do! But at least I know that my stuff isn't being auctioned off somewhere!

    Kim - just a couple more days then we will be back in the islands! See you in December! :)

    Sophia's Mom - thanks so much for asking! I definitely need to do some catching up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!