Remember back in June when I tried growing some sunflowers? Little buds had started to form before we left North Carolina but now they are in full bloom! Thanks to my father for taking a couple of pictures and sending them to share! Here is a picture update:
Day one: Wet the seeds.
Week one: We see sprouts!
Week two: Time to take them out and plant them!
We picked a spot:
This is what it looked like before we put it into the ground:
Week 5: You can clearly see three plants growing!
Week 9: A flower is forming!
Week 10 - We have a flower!
Week 11: We have MANY sunflowers!
Of course the little buggers were a bit camera shy and decided to face towards the fence rather than the camera.....
I'm not sure which variety of sunflowers each of these are - while we labeled them in the glove I forgot to label them when we planted them into the ground. Whoops! That's okay. I am just tickled to death that this experiment worked! From beginning to end the entire process took approximately 2.5 months. It was well worth the wait!