HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Best Way to Get Your Kid's Attention.....

Is to sit comfortably on the couch. At least that's what a local newscaster said recently.

While he has a good point I think a better way to get your kid's attention is to get on the phone. Am I right or what? It seems like the minute I make or receive a phone call my kids have an emergency right at that exact moment in time. Granted, to them an emergency usually consists of wanting to eat or drink something (or to excitedly tell me that my favorite commercial is on tv!) To me an emergency is that someone is choking, bleeding, puking, not breathing or that something has caught on fire. Other than that it can wait until I get off the phone.

Well, I'm on the phone yesterday and my dear, sweet Kailani instinctively has an "emergency" and comes to me with it. Trying to be polite (I totally will acknowledge that) she mouths to me what she wants and adds some hand motions. I motioned back to her to write it down. This is what she can up with:


Please note the green crayon markings put on after the fact. Momo wanted some guava jelly too.

Love it. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I think your kids and my kids have been communicating. This is exactly what mine do! Usually it is a request for gum, candy or to tattle on the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "me too!" writing added by Momo :-) My girls are not as polite as yours and usually start climbing me and whining. Aaargh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! and so true! So glad I came across your blog through WW. I'm your newest follower!

    Abby
    www.murdocksmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! This will be C soon. She is already starting to spell and write, she loves it, so I can see this being our next thing. K is just too adorable. Love M's handy work..lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!