HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sewing Play Date: Car Seat Organizer

We are officially moved in to our new place! I cannot tell you how happy and relieved I am. We turned in our keys to our old place so now we can start settling in to our new one!

Last week I took a much needed break from moving and attended a sewing play date (meaning while the moms sew the kids run wild). It was hosted by my friend Amanda from Patchwork in Paradise through the Honolulu Mommies group. The project was a car seat organizer. Amanda sent out the details about the project and I figured it was simple enough that I probably had enough time to make two of them - one for each of my kids.

Did I have enough time to make two? Maybe. One? Absolutely. But I didn't. Reason being? It was SO MUCH fun to sew with a group of ladies! I ended up talking and laughing more than sewing. I ended up taking the project home and here is how it turned out:

With stuff in it:


And here's a close-up of the print. Very Tokidoki-looking but it's not. Still quite fabulous!


Thanks to Amanda for a fun project and fun day! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I am so jealous you had a sewing play date without me..lol That fabric rocks..did you buy it local? I want some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that project! I also think how cool to have a sewing playdate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to sell those in your store? I want one!!! I need one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!