HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's Gonna Cost How Much?

The sewing machine shop called. The estimate to tune-up and fix my non-working sewing machine is over...

$240.00.

*Gulp*

I don't even recall what he said was wrong with it. Lower rachet, ball-bearing, lot of work to fix it.....

$240.00

That's what I remember.

The other day I mentioned that I borrowed my girlfriend's sewing machine. I still haven't tried it out yet but my plan is to do so this weekend. Yesterday Kailani's teacher sent out a wish list asking if anyone could donate fabric and/or sew covers for their new computers. I jumped at the chance to help. So today (before getting the call from the shop) I went out and bought some sewing essentials - seam ripper, pins, thread, scissors, etc. Of course I need much more but since I have everything that I need back in N.C. I hate to spend the money to get more stuff, you know? Hopefully the sewing machine that I borrowed from my girlfriend will work well enough to get the job done.

$240.00
What to do....what to do.....

6 comments:

  1. Yikes! It almost sounds cheaper to get a new one in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old is it? If you have lots of years left in it, maybe it's worth repairing, otherwise the $240 could be a big help on the way to a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez! I'm so sorry the estimate was so steep. I'm not sure how much you spent initially on it, but it sounds like it may make sense to just buy a new one. My electronic Singer was just a little less.

    Ugh. I'm sorry. I hope you're still able to get some sewing in with your borrowed machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for your shoulder for me to cry on!

    I think we're going to go ahead and pay to have it fixed. I can't get a comparable machine for the price it'll cost me to fix it. It's only about 2 years old but has been VERY loved. If he can get it working like almost new I would be totally stoked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow hun I can not belive that! That sucks, they better make it like new :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is terrible! That amount would be ringing in my ears, too! So, so sorry. That is never fun when you want to work on so many projects as well! I'm sure you've got a lot of fun things in the works.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!