HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Monday, December 21, 2009

Camera Strap & Doll Diapers

Four days! Four more days till Christmas! That is EXACTLY why I haven't been on here as much. Holiday rush has been in full swing here - but that doesn't just mean shopping. That means some sewing as well.

I made my sister a Hawaiian print patchwork camera strap. Haven't made one since about this time last year. I did learn something new - not all straps are made the same. I bought some straps off of EBay awhile back only to find that the connector pieces were made out of.....what? I'm not even sure but it tore while I was unstitching it. Not good!


I also made some baby doll diapers for Momo and her friend. I found a great tutorial with a downloadable pattern at Skip to My Lou. SUPER easy and takes very little fabric. A quarter yard of fabric makes at least two diapers! I also took the advice from someone who commented on the page and put an entire strip of velcro across the front of the diaper instead of small squares. That makes the diaper adjustable to fit different sized dolls.

Here's a picture of Momo's stash - I've included a front view, back view and open view with the velcro stitched all the way across:

Here is Momo's much loved PomPom modeling one:

Super fast and easy project!

I still have more sewing to get done before Christmas! Will post more pics soon!

5 comments:

  1. Oh you are the best! Thank you so much for posting links to these. You always manage to find the best patterns and ideas.

    Did I mention I bought Babisodes a pee-poo doll for Christmas? These would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dipes are so, so cute! M is getting a couple dollies for Christmas so you know I'll be making her some :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the diapers! I can not even think of starting a new project right now but will have to remember this for a birthday or even next year. Thanks. Hope you have a Happy Hawaiian Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and ideas! Nice blog. I sent you a postcard from LA a while back.

    Happy Holidays.

    Christina
    www.beyondthebrochure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that camera strap. I'm looking for one just like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!