HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

DIY Ribbon Wands

If you saw my post about Momo's party you may have noticed the ribbon wands that I made for party favors. They were super easy to make! The hardest part was deciding on what color ribbons to use!


I found the tutorial via The Ribbon Wand Shop. The only change I made was I used 3ft of ribbon versus 4ft. and the ribbon was still really long and pretty! My girlfriend helped me out by sealing the edges with glue to keep the ribbon from fraying.


Now, if I were to make these again for 3-5 year olds I think I would use a smaller dowel - one that was just large enough for a small hand to wrap around. Possibly 4-5" (versus the 12" that I used.). Why? The ribbon wands quickly turned into ribbon SWORDS. How on earth I didn't see that one coming I have no idea!

It was a fun project and I look forward to making these again for another occasion! 


For more homemade projects or gift ideas check out "this & that" and "Tip Junkie."


Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

  1. What a great project! I am going to have to remember this one for Em's birthday this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great. I remember having those when I was a little girl and I loved them. You should come link up with Fun for Kids Friday. www.localfunforkids.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! The girls would love these. Will def have to make some once we get moved, thanks for the easy tut girly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!