Last week I had to make some baked goods for a Girl Scout bake sale. When I asked Kailani what she wanted me to make she said, "Brownies......but not just ANY kind of brownies." I had to laugh. She wants "crafty" brownies. ;)
After scouring the web for ideas I decided to make Betty Crocker's Brownie Pops. They turned out pretty cute and sold out FAST!
As a matter of fact they turned out SO cute that Kailani wanted me to make more for her end-of-the-year class party!
While you can find the recipe here I made a few changes after reading some of the reviews:
- to make the brownies thicker (and easier to slide a craft stick into) I doubled the brownie mix recipe
- baked in a 9x13" pan (have to bake a bit longer - I found it was about 10 - 20 minutes more!)
- instead of chocolate chips I used chocolate flavored almond bark
- since you have to lay the brownies flat for the chocolate coating to dry I found it's only really necessary to put candy coating and/or chocolate dip one side of the brownie. The other side is going to get smooshed.
- I cut the 9x13 pan of brownies into 24 pieces - fit perfectly into little bags!
Ohhhhh...the potential to change things up! White chocolate dip! Double dip! Definitely a recipe to keep!
PS Have anything pretty and/or pink to post? Link up with the "Pinkalicious Thursday Blog Party" hosted by "Frugalicious Me!" And don't forget to check out all the handcrafted ideas at "A Crafty Soiree" hosted by "Katie's Nesting Spot!"