HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Craft Hope - Orphan Outreach

The last time I participated with Craft Hope was back in February of 2009. I can't believe it's been over two years! Back then they were asking for handmade dolls to be sent to an orphanage in Nicaragua. Here's what I sent in: 


(You can find my post about the dolls here.)

This time around they are asking for handmade bracelets to be sent to an orphanage in Russia. What a coinkydink! I just so happen to have everything we need to make some bracelets. I let Momo (4) give it a shot:



And the girl has been addicted ever since:



Watching her "string" the beads through the wire by herself got me thinking. If it was easy enough for my 4-year old to do what about other kids the same age? I decided to host a play date and have some other kids (and moms) make some more....and here's what everyone did:



Aren't they pretty?

Thanks to my friends and their kids from "Aloha Moms" for helping out!

But while the bracelets are done they aren't quite ready to be shipped. That would be because:



Yeah. She's STILL beading!

When I explained to her why we were making bracelets and who would be receiving them she said, "Mommy, I know! Let the kids with no mommies and no daddies come live with us!"

*Heart Melt* 

Since that's not going to happen she's decided to make more and more bracelets for the orphans. She has become a beading beast! Luckily the deadline for the bracelets isn't until June 15th so if you want to participate you still have time! 

For more information on Craft Hope and this project (or others) check out their website:


Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!