HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cupcake Fever

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Had family in town, my 40th birthday (I'm TOTALLY okay with it...you know...in case you're wondering!) and now I'm getting ready for Momo's 3rd birthday party!

The theme for the party is "cupcakes"...how fun is that? Don't be surprised if my posts up until her party are cupcake filled! :)


Speaking of which - hot off the sewing machine is a cu
pcake felt crown. Please excuse the stray strands of thread - I will take care of those! :)

I found the FREE crown tutorial over at Juicy Bits. You should see the crown that she made! If my machine had the capabilities of making all of those beautiful stitches I would've been all over that! The instructions are very thorough and clear with lots of pictures (which I love!)

The cupcake in the middle of the crown was inspired by
Flapper Girl's cupcakes! They are SO cute! Flapper Girl has a tutorial & pattern for the cupcakes available for purchase in her Etsy store for dirt cheap! Check out her blog as well as her store!

Next are some toddler aprons for all the little girls attending the party. Of course they were made with cupcake fabric!

I found the tutorial on one of my favorite sites - Skip to My Lou. I made eight of them in no time at all! Well, that's not true because here's what my sewing schedule looks like:

Sew. Get juice. Sew. Put someone in time-out. Sew. Change the channel. Sew. Help with homework. Sew. Break up an argument. Sew. Clean up a mess. *REPEAT*

I didn't even realize until after I was done that the apron is reversible! Glad I used a super cute fabric underneath! :)

Thanks to Skip to My Lou, Flapper Girl and Juicy Bits for all of your inspiration! Now off to make more cupcake stuff!

6 comments:

  1. OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Love them!! And look at the fashion Diva Momo....sew cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout-out! Very cute blog :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. SHE is a cupcake! Look at her attitude! She's got style and spunk! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just cuteness overload! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I wish I was turning 3! That is the greatest crown. Your girls are the cutest kiddos! I love the picture of Momo modeling the apron :-) Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

    I am glad you are back! I missed your posts. By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now I want one of those cute aprons for me too :) lol! Thank you so much for the links. I will have to give these a try. And I think your sewing machine and skills did a stellar job on the crown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!