HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Finally.....the Cupcake Party

After weeks of planning, crafting, sewing and baking Momo's 3rd birthday party arrived!

Since space is limited in our tiny apartment we rented out the party room at the Cupcake Boutique (thanks dad!):


I wish I could take credit for the incredible decorations but I can't. The room comes decorated just like this!

I used some of the cupcakes we made to display Momo's birthdays through the years:



Displayed the ginormous cupcake cake:


BTW - I used " Wilton's "Giant Cupcake Pan". I did some research and found that a lot of people preferred this one over the silicone one. It was easy to use. I did bake the bottom piece first for about 15 minutes before adding the batter for the top piece. Also I didn't see the need even frost the bottom half.

I also made some "cupcake bites":

I found the recipe on Jahjong's blog and just had to try it! Her tutorial is fantastic and it ended up being much easier than I anticipated. My pictures don't do these little bites justice - they are small! Here's a picture in my daughter's little hand:


And they were surprisingly yummy! A little crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. I can't wait to make these again!

We also had some face painting thanks to my best friend and her daughter:

The girls frosted cupcakes:


And of course there was licking of the frosting:


A little game of pin the cherry on the cupcake (poster made by Kailani):



I totally forgot to bring a blindfold so the birthday crown came in handy:



And those that had their face painted we found the apron to be a better alternative:


It was finally time to blow out the candles and Momo couldn't wait. She blew them out before we even sang "Happy Birthday" to her!


It ended up being a fun little party with some fun little girls! :)

14 comments:

  1. I love the CUPCAKE theme!! I also have the Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan, and I agree the bottom doesn't need to be frosted :) Great job looks like she had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like they had so much fun. Happy birthday to Momo. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupcake bites turned out great and the whole party is so adorable. I love it! So glad you were able to try them out! Great job, Mama!

    - Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect, absolutely perfect!!! What a wonderful time...LOVE M's dress and all the aprons so adorable. Your the best mama ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a party, I'll keep that in mind for when my little one is older.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great day! Everything came together beautifully.

    Happy Birthday to Momo!! She looked so happy.

    Mommy deserves a round of applause, some left over cake and a massage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun, fun party! I love the giant cupcake- good tips you share too on that. And I love how you displayed her photos over the past birthdays she's had. That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute theme! Everything turned out great. Will you do my next party? I'm turning 31. :)

    I'm stopping by from SITS. Welcome to the group.

    ReplyDelete
  9. visiting from SITS...welcome to the sitsahood:)

    cupcake theme is awesome. the decoration are so lovely.


    lookd like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, this is adorable!!! I love the idea to use a picture from each of her past birthdays, too- I think I'll use that next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, love it!! I have become a follower and I hope you’ll do the same. Swing on by to share your Party Side every Wednesday. You can link up any parties, party decor, party printables, party paper items, party ideas, gift ideas, anything PARTY related!! I’d love to feature you and show off your fabulous parties so make sure you linkup!

    Nicole @ TheTwoSavvySisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cupcakes you are so talented!! Thanks for linking up to the Two Savvy Sister's Party Like A rockstar Partay!! Hope to see you next Wednesday, have a great day!!

    Smiles,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to invite you to submit those fabulous party pictures to link up their pictures here to win a COMPLETE custom party package worth over $200 -
    http://breebee.com/2010/08/party-package-giveaway.html

    Smiles,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  14. cupcake can light up a birthday party. really love that jumbo cupcake idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!