HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Gift of Inspiration

For Christmas my girls received personalized pillows from one of my best friends, Deb. As much as my girls love their pillows I think I love them even more! I couldn't wait to get my hands on the pattern to make some myself!

The pattern itself is fairly easy. But I did have a difficult time obsessing over which fabrics to use (and then changing my mind a million times over!) I also haven't done much applique work in awhile and here I am having to applique eight letters. Let's just say by the fifth or sixth one I was back at ease.

I finally finished the pillow tonight. A couple of regrets with my fabric choices but what's done is done. Now I can send it off to my girlfriend Lisa whose daughter just turned four. Lisa has expressed an interest in sewing and her wonderful husband just bought her a sewing machine (what a guy!) So while the pillow is for Miss Madeline I'm hoping the pillow will also be a gift of inspiration for my friend. :)




After making this one I made one for my one and only nephew, Luke, who just turned one. Here's a picture of my girls with the ones from Deb and Momo holding (eating?) Luke's. I love how this one turned out!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!