HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Friday, April 2, 2010

Testing a Pattern.....

Awhile back I had the opportunity to test "Natalie's Dress" a pattern designed by Dawn of Olabelhe. I really liked the design of the dress with a low back, a big beautiful bow and the option of adding crinoline to it (lacy, poofy stuff underneath) so I jumped at the chance. I made it with the crinoline and I have to admit....it wasn't hard at all. Just a bit time consuming!

Now that the pattern is available for purchase I can share the pictures with you!


Funny thing is - I did not make TWO dresses. Only one. But the dress fits both of my girls! ;)

Does the fabric look familiar? If it does it might be because it's the same fabric I used to make the crayon apron for a silent auction. Momo loves the fabric. She saw the little girl on it and said, "It's me! It's Momo!"


There definitely are some similarities! Maybe that's why I love this fabric so much myself!

The pattern is available via Olabelhe's pattern shop or You Can Make This. I give it two thumbs up!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Great Job! I want some fabric with me on it!! :-) oh, wait, it's the bikini clad 50's pinup fabric (michael miller?) LOL! I just bought an e-pattern for a patchwork twirl dress. Once that's done (a few of them most likely), I might have to go for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beeautiful dress and pattern! I really love the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy - LOL!!! Is it sad that I know exactly which fabric you're talking about? It's FABULOUS! Can't wait to see the pictures of the patchwork twirl dress....I've been wanting to make one of those too!

    Kelly - thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some of the most darling fabric EVER, but of course the even more sweet little girls in the dresses are what make it such a fabulous project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!