HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Glow-in-the-Dark Circle Skirts

I finally made the circle skirts with the glow-in-the-dark fabrics that I recently bought (which REALLY DO glow-in-the-dark!):


Awhile back I saw similar skirts being sold in the stores for much more than I was willing to pay. I studied the skirts and made a mental note on how I thought it was to be done. Coincidentally a little while later Dana over at "MADE" did a whole blog post about circle skirts and provided a FREE tutorial!  YES! YES and more YES!  (And no, no, and more no....I wouldn't have figured out the whole mathematic equation. No way!)

I went ahead and made all three skirts the same size as my girls pretty much wear the same clothes (WOW, I know!) One is just taller than the other! I also put my "Happy Hapa" labels on them which confused Kailani as she knew I made the skirts for her and her sister. "So why put labels on them?" Well, just because...(because Dana did it over at "Made" and since she is a crafting rockstar I am going to do the same. That's why.)

And they TWIRL! Boy do they twirl!




And they get you into the "CREEEEEEEEPY spirit for Halloween!


Thanks to Dana for an awesome, FREE tutorial!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh so cute!!!! I want one!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are awesome! i'd like one just to twirl. and glow int eh dark!?! brilliant! (no pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so cool, with their glow in the dark fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these skirts an especially glow in the dark..score! C&M are both wearing the same waist size too. So much easier to only cut ONE pattern for two girls right!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!