HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Monday, March 5, 2012

Pinterest Project: Silhouette Hair Bow Holder

Did you see my last blog post about my daughter's Harajuku party ? It was good fun! She received a ton of new fashion accessories (her favorite thing!) and now has quite the hair bow collection! I decided I needed to find a way to store them all, although I am she would prefer to wear as many as she could at one time:


Pinterest to the rescue! There were so many amazing ideas but one particularly caught my attention. A silhouette bow holder! (Click on the link to get the tutorial.) Check out our befores and afters:






I love the polka dot fabric used in the original tutorial but since we live in Hawaii I thought a Hawaiian/Aloha print would be more fitting. The girls picked their fabric from my stash and then painted their frames. (Thank you, Walmart for the $5.00 frames!)

It was a fun project! But now my girls want MORE hair bows!

Thanks to Jessica from "Sew Homegrown" for the step-by-step tutorial!

After the fact: I noticed that Kailani's face (blue background) should have been turned a slight bit more towards the camera....causing her silhouette to be off a bit. Of course I am going to obsess about it! (Shake it off....shake it off!)

Linked up with:
Katie's Nesting Spot

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!